[_] Project Search Suggestions?

Philip Coombes phil at web2wire.com
Sat Nov 9 12:27:22 GMT 2019

It's great to see the list back and alive again so I'll my add my thanks
to Matt for the resurrection!

Here's a repost of something I tried to send a couple of weeks ago in
case anyone can help.

For the first time in many many years I am finding current work coming
to an end without anything immediately lining up to fill the void. I'm
very out of date in what the current best practice is in finding new
projects, I assume my paper CV from 2001 won't be much use any more.

I've added some stuff to my previously dormant LinkedIn profile
(https://www.linkedin.com/in/philip-coombes/) and knocked up a basic
resume site (https://www.philipcoombes.uk/) but I'm not sure what would
be a good idea to do next. I know there are lots of 'jobs' sites out
there but I'm not sure which offer quality positions rather than just
encourage lowest bidder type activity. Ideally something with a bit more
of a local focus might be nice as well.

If anyone has any suggestions about how to go about spreading the word
and/or promoting myself I'd be very interested to hear. In case it makes
any difference I'm after contract/freelance stuff either commutable from
BS34 or remote though I'm happy to go further for meetings and such
like. Lately I mostly do full stack web dev (ReactJS/PHP/MySQL etc) but
also have a lot of experience in C/C++ (including embedded), one or the
other would do, I doubt there's much call for both at once.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Phil