[_] React Native vs Native

Keith Jackson keith at minotech.co.uk
Fri May 10 13:22:12 BST 2019

I did some work a while ago evaluating Xamarin and found a very similar picture.

I'm a full stack .net (C#) person so Xamarin was the natural choice for the language. I had no previous App development experience.

However, after fighting with it for a few weeks I decided to trial the same objectives using native Java for Android and Swift for iOS. I managed to build the Android app in native in half the time I spent on Xamarin and pretty much the same with Swift, although the final result on Swift was less functional and had some serious issues (due to Swift being very rubbish back then - hope it's better now!)