[_] Small Computer

Craig Francis craig at craigfrancis.co.uk
Tue Jun 25 11:43:21 BST 2019

Thanks Oliver,

I'm going to have a look at the Intel NUC machines, they're interesting.

There is one that can take a 2.5" drive (somehow 4TB exists as an option
now), and it can take a M.2 SSD as well. I'm tempted to put two disks in -
where I wonder if I can setup the HDD to contain a bootable partition as
well, so if the SSD fails, there is something to fall back on.

And I have been trying to avoid as many writes to the SD card as possible,
but daily OS updates (security reasons) might have been the issue... plus,
having 2 physical parts (that seem to be knocked around a bit), and what I
thought was a good USB power supply (which is difficult to prove remotely),
might make using the RiPi a little too unreliable.

But thanks for the article on how to make a RiPi boot using USB storage,
that will be useful elsewhere.

Craig