[_] Small Computer

Rick Hurst rick.hurst at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 10:20:08 BST 2019

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 5:00 AM Shane McEwan <shane at mcewan.id.au> wrote:

> This. SD cards are notoriously unreliable for heavy writes. My Pis have
> `/boot` on the SD card and everything else is either on USB stick or USB
> hard drive.

This is interesting - any hints on setting them up this way?

I've got some Pi's running as 24/7 lab dataloggers, and all i've done so
far is configure MySQL to use the USB SSD. The Pi's are basically just
running a LAMP stack, and some python cron jobs, so if I moved Apache logs
to the SSD too - what else should I move to avoid wear on the SD card?

--
Rick Hurst
http://www.rickhurst.co.uk