[_] Mostly off topic - business bank account with Tide

Tom Spencer fiznool at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 21:28:44 BST 2019

I had a look at tide recently due to their attractive fee structure but
ultimately was put off by the fact they aren’t technically a bank. Maybe
this was an irrational decision but it didn’t really fill me with
confidence.

https://community.tide.co/t/will-tide-become-a-proper-business-bank/7376

https://community.tide.co/t/is-my-money-safe-will-i-have-fscs-protection/3813

I probably would have gone with starling but they don’t offer business bank
accounts to companies with more than one person of significant control.

In the end I decided to switch to Santander. They have a £5/month fee offer
for switching at the moment and they offer direct API access to Xero, which
was the big driver for me (moving away from Cater Allen). Their account is
quite well reviewed by all accounts.

https://www.santander.co.uk/business/current-accounts/123-business-current-account