[_] web server file access analytics

David Redfern dwredfern at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 09:24:05 GMT 2019

This works well for us at Watershed, for our self hosted podcast:

https://www.chrisvanpatten.com/track-podcast-downloads-google-analytics-events-free-php-script

Basically the actual podcast urls are appended to a script url which
then sends a Google Analytics event, before sending the client on to
the actual mp3 or m4a URL. And voila all podcast downloads are tracked
in GA.