[_] Hosting Question

Jim Fanning jim at sugarmouse.com
Mon Apr 15 14:57:00 BST 2019

Hi All,

Just been to get my Campervan serviced was worried that they'd gone out of business as their site is down
http://www.volksengineering.co.uk/
Apparently, the guy they had supporting their page has gone AWOL and the domain is registered to him...I'm sure this happens all the time.

Anyways, the mechanic says that they've paid their bill but the support guy hasn't paid 123 hosting. They are losing lots of business as people assume he's ceased trading.
Assuming that the situation is as described; Surely Volks Engineering have a moral right to take on this domain? Is there some sort of escalation that they can take in order to claim the domain back (I think it's due to expire in a year)

Not really my area of competence but I hate to see a small business suffer

Cheers
Jim