[_] New WiFi router or a mesh network

Damian Webber damian.webber at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 14:55:55 BST 2019

Update: I bought a TP-LINK Archer C60 AC1350 Dual-Band router for £37 off
eBay (manufacturer refurbished) connected by CAT-6 to my EE Brightbox modem

It's definitely made a difference. I've connected my son's Nintendo Switch
and to the 5GHz access point and everything else to the 2.5GHz access
point. Existing powerlines have remained connected to the Brightbox.

Speed is up in my office (connected via Devolo poweline) and much lower
ping time reported from Nintendo switch (35ms generally instead of 150+).

I'm glad I didn't go for the much more expensive Ubiquiti Amplifi (my
credit card was poised for some time) as the cheaper option seems to be
working out okay (I guess at £37 it's a good price for MVP) - I've just
tried BBC iPlayer airplay to my old-old apple TV which was always awful
before but now is all HD goodness now.

Thanks for the advice

*Damian Webber*
@damianwebber <http://twitter.com/damianwebber> | 07590 807 252