[_] wordpress/cache(?) update weirdness

Sarah sarah at anigel.net
Wed Nov 7 12:14:46 GMT 2018

Restarting the box clears the memory, if someone has added function in
the code to store menu items or pages then the restart would clear that.

Again I ask have you gone through the code? And by that I don't mean
just looked at folder names or file names, I mean looked at the code
itself or at least grepped through it. Have a look for function calls
including terms like cache or transient.

If you go through the theme code to see how menus are being displayed
and then follow that back up the chain to see how they are being
populated, you are bound to eventually find where it is getting the
information from. Some simple debugging added to the template will show
you if the pages are updating at all when you make changes or if a stale
page is being served from somewhere.