[_] wordpress/cache(?) update weirdness

Oliver Humpage oliver at watershed.co.uk
Tue Nov 6 22:21:27 GMT 2018

> On 6 Nov 2018, at 14:46, Chris Dawson <chris at tallhat.com> wrote:
>
> i see there's a wordpress plugin call 'proxy cache purge'. i'm hoping
> i can get DO to help me configure this (via IP address?) so i can use
> it to purge the server cache.

* Don’t touch anything in /var/cache!
* Sarah is the WP expert, and her email says it all better than I can - read it carefully.
* I would assume Proxy cache invalidator just adds headers to bust caches like varnish, but as Sarah said, it’s not going to be a cache like varnish that’s causing your problem.

In the meantime, if your droplet uses php-fpm (rather than mod-php) you might find restarting that service clears the cache rather than having to do a full server reboot.

Oliver.