[_] wordpress/cache(?) update weirdness

Sarah sarah at anigel.net
Tue Nov 6 19:02:35 GMT 2018

It does sound like a job for whoever actually manages the server for
them. If that person does not exist then they need to be looking at
managed hosting as DO Droplets are unmanaged and someone needs to be
maintaining them.

There are so many ways a server can be configured that it is hard to say
what it could be. Whilst I am familiar with both DO Droplets and with
server caching, that doesn't help too much without knowing what the
original person who set it all up did as there are many possibilities.

I doubt it is any form of server cache like varnish or batcache as that
would not be invalidated by rearranging the menu but not by adding
something to it. This sounds more like a poorly implemented cache in the
site code where it is being invalidated on some actions, but not on
others. Have you checked the theme and plugin code, including mu-plugins
to ensure there is no funkiness going on there?