[_] Big Telly Recommends?

Amias Channer me at amias.net
Wed Sep 14 12:20:00 BST 2016

Hello Tom,

Its a quite overwhelming at first
You also need a super fast mouse as there is a lot of space to cover.
I work at home so i'm not  worried about broadcasting my screen at
other people but if you have to do private things like banking or hr
its not great,

Having one big screen is more fluid than multiples and my OS (ubuntu)
has nice shortcuts for aligning windows to a grid , not sure about
other OSes.  , the main thing is getting use to not maximising most of
the windows as very few things make sense that big.

Its awesome for programming GUI's like pycharm or webstorm , i can
have three panes of editor and my run/debug window all visible at the
same time. Window switching now feels like that memory eraser flash
thing in men in black whereas seeing everything at once allows your
brain to make connections super quickly.

I still have my laptop next to it for email and chat or ocassional
stuff that doesnt' play nicely with 4k yet.

Just make sure you use displayport and the screen can do 60hz not just 30hz

Cheers
Amias