[_] Standard for print & post

Darwin Peltan darwinpeltan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 12:05:45 BST 2016

Hi Dan,

Is this for a public sector thing? If so you could talk to the team at .gov.uk Notify to see if your service could use it. They are about to start their beta for letters and are looking for services to test with.

Let me know if it’s useful and I can introduce you to someone on the team.

Darwin

On Mon, 12 Sep 2016 at 10:40 Daniel Hilton

<
mailto:Daniel Hilton <daniel.hilton at gmail.com>
> wrote:

a, pre, code, a:link, body { word-wrap: break-word !important; }

Hello [_]

I'm on the hunt for a standard printing API / interface for sending a

document to, printing and then posting that document. I know about the

likes of docmail and such, but I'm wondering if there is a defined industry

standard for UK mail that I just can't find due to my lack of google fu.

Ideally anything I can plug into CUPS, so that I can make it appear as just

another printer for a desktop estate and a bunch of internal web

applications. I've read the IPP rfc but that doesn't seem to help me. The

ideal situation is that the print dialog would prompt for the address and

then that would just capture that metadata and pass it to a backend service.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Dan

--