[_] Zip drive

matt matt at mattpass.com
Fri Sep 9 19:05:03 BST 2016

I was in the same situation a while back. Bought a 2nd hand zip drive from eBay for about £10.
Was a pretty ropey drive but worked. The big issue I found was my discs had degraded over the 20 years. So could only get some data off.
If no one has a spare, you may want to try eBay or similar? (Sorry, took mine to tip as it was ropey).
Matt
Sent from my Commodore 64.
-------- Original message --------From: Steve Parry <steve at steveparry.com> Date: 09/09/2016  18:56  (GMT+00:00) To: underscore at under-score.org.uk Subject: [_] Zip drive
I recently found the 100 Mb Zip disc I used during an MA in Interactive
Multimedia Production from 1996! There is work on it in Macromedia Director
as it was then. But I don't have a Zip drive... The disc says 'Mac
formatted' but I'm sure I reformatted it to PC. Does anyone have the
ability to read it and upload the files to the web?

Steve

--

For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing
them.