[_] cheap test kit

Matt Hamilton matt at quernus.co.uk
Fri May 6 07:36:05 BST 2016

If you want some not-quite-so-small-but-still-cheap servers look out for the HP Microserver G8. They can be had for about £160 each without anything in the drive bays (and with a Celeron and 2GB of RAM). They can be expanded… eg. mine at work has a Xeon and 16GB of RAM and 4 x 3TB drives in it.

-Matt

> On 5 May 2016, at 16:50, Steve Marvell <stevemarvell at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Afternoon Underscoreres
>
> I'm looking for a couple of cheap CPs and a cheap NAS I can practice Ubunto
> clustering with before I put stuff on machines that I can't touch.
>
> What's hot in small and cheap these days?
>
> Steve

—
Matt Hamilton
Quernus
matt at quernus.co.uk
+44 117 325 3025
49b Easton Business Centre
Felix Road, Easton
Bristol, BS5 0HE

Quernus Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 09076246