[_] Web team size balance

Ian Dickinson i.j.dickinson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 11:03:03 BST 2015

+1 to Thomas's post also.

Having listened to a number of discussions on this, I personally have
started trying not to use 'guys' unless obviously referring to a group
of males. But I do note that there is some debate about 'guys' being
gender-neutral, and that non-male people do take both sides of that
argument. But 'chap' is pretty unequivocally male, and simply stating
retrospectively that "Well, I mean something other than the commonly
accepted definition" doesn't make it so.

And let's not forget that gender isn't a simple single-bit binary constant.

Ian