[_] Are agencies broken?

Keith Jackson keith at ministryotech.co.uk
Mon Jul 13 17:56:12 BST 2015

Hi Craig,

Big +1 from me on this.

I don't think that agencies are broken either - I think the two offerings are quite different depending on the needs of the client, but I do think we're breaking into something different.

I find direct client working is far more satisfactory for both parties and I think the ideal solution is the collective model which I am working to build up at the moment with a flexible group of independent software experts working together co-operatively alongside a given client.

The client gets the benefit of multiple heads on the project that they would get with an agency but with the intimate direct relationship they get with an independent developer. The developers and client can work together to build a team that fits their specific requirements and the devs in the team get the benefits of cross skilling that they would get from working with an agency.