[_] OT: Better heating control (was Re: OT: Installing wood burner)

adam armfield adamairmailed at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 11 21:23:17 GMT 2013

i'd say any savings would come from how well the heat storage medium - a plant pot or bricks in a storage heater, can hang onto the heat. and if it's powered by a 12v iron hooked up to a battery charged by solar for instance then thats not electricity you're being charged for - though might be better for keeping mould and damp away than heating humans

i think space heaters get a bad rap - used in short bursts just in the room you're in they can be fine.

All the best

Adam