[_] recording talks for web

Paul Harwood paul at harwood-leon.com
Sat Nov 9 12:51:36 GMT 2013

Hello _

Just bought one of these projectors for an event space we are setting up...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0089RG30W/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item

Went with DLP LED because of the extended lamp life (as a tradeoff for brightness, as the space can be made reasonably dark).

Does anyone have any advice for a cheap 'record to web' setup for recording talks and meetups etc...?

I was thinking of an old mac mini with a decent hd webcam, then connect that to a mic on a lectern via an amp. Anyone have any experience of this setup? Wireless mic's any good? Lectern good or bad?

What are the best services for capturing presentations to web in your collective opinion?

Cheers

-- Paul