[_] Detecting Google SSO ability

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Tue Nov 5 12:03:57 GMT 2013

On 5 Nov 2013, at 11:03, Oliver Humpage <oliver at watershed.co.uk> wrote:

> On 5 Nov 2013, at 10:46, adam armfield <adamairmailed at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> i thought the thing with oauth is that your app has no idea where the auth has come from
>
> I thought the thing with oAuth is that it's not really good at SSO: oAuth is to let your app get access to some remote resource (eg tweets), whereas SSO is some remote resource telling your app that the user is logged in. You can do it, but it's a fudge.

Yes, well, indeed. But everyone is using it for SSO now :s

In fact Velruse has two google plugins. An OAuth2 one and a hybrid OAuth+OpenID one. We are using the former.

-Matt

--
Matt Hamilton, Technical Director
Netsight Internet Solutions Limited

Registered in England No. 3892180
Registered office: 40 Berkeley Square, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 1HU