[_] OT: was _5

Jon Free jon.free at wastesource.co.uk
Mon Nov 4 14:49:28 GMT 2013

They haven't done it because it's not a very good idea.

On 4 November 2013 14:41, Ade Stuart <ade.stuart at gmail.com> wrote:

> I know that ASUS and also samsung have made kit available that you just
> plug your phone device into a docking station and it then allows it to be
> used as a conventional desktop (in theory) (
>
> http://androidandme.com/2012/10/news/samsung-smart-dock-turn-your-smartphone-into-a-desktop/
> ).
>
> I'm kinda surprised that MS or even Apple to some extent haven't considered
> a cut down version of their OS's to be loaded onto these devices with this
> kind of use in mind. I know there are some people playing with the old WIn
> NT OS that is now prime for this kind of use. But its generally agreed they
> would be sued to oblivion and back if they tried to release it.
>
> As you say Carl, think its an interesting future.
>

> On 4 November 2013 13:35, Ric Harwood <underscore at vorticity.org> wrote:
>

> > Carl Sargunar <carl at sargunar.com> wrote:
> > >I think there's some convergence happening. Mobile and tablet OSes are
> > >getting more and more capable, and tablet type PCs (like microsoft's
> > >surface) which run what are effectively full desktop OSes. Couple of
> > >years
> > >and I can see me having one device to connect and do all my work which
> > >I'll
> > >connect to monitors, keyboards and other peripherals.
> >
> >  Here you go:
> >
> http://www.justop.com/catalog/audio-and-video/media-players-en/justop-k10a-quad-core-android-tv-box-mini-pc-dongle.html
> >
> > Will review in a few weeks when I have received and tested.
> >
> > I now so so much on tablet or phone, I just fire up pc or laptop  if I
> > want a full size screen or need to connect to work. Citrix works ok on
> > android, but the screen is too small for a full days work.
> >
> > VNC or the new mstsc for Android for connection to other windows pcs in
> > the office, data centre or cloud. SSH client for everything else.
> >
> > Cheers. Ric
> >

> > --

Jon Free

WasteSource

07931 925257 | 0117 205 0259

wastesource.co.uk <http://www.wastesource.co.uk/?footer=jf> |
@wastesource<https://twitter.com/#!/WasteSource>

Loft 3, Tobacco Factory, Bristol, BS3 1TF

Information in this email is confidential and intended for the sole use of
the addressee/s. Access, copying, disclosure or re-use, in any way, of the
contents of this email by anyone other than the addressee/s is
unauthorised. I accept no legal responsibility for the content of the
message. If you have received this email in error, please return it to the
sender.