[_] Firebug lite not working on some sites

Craig Francis craig at craigfrancis.co.uk
Wed May 22 16:36:51 BST 2013

On 22 May 2013, at 16:14, Jon Free <jon.free at wastesource.co.uk> wrote:
> The Chrome tools are just as good if not better and have some pretty
> advanced features

+1

Although I still find the CSS bits a slow to work with though (network, JS, etc are now much better in Chrome).

My main issue is simply the length of right hand column in the Chrome "Elements" tab... in FireBug the Style/Computed/Layout/DOM tabs are much easier/quicker to use.

For example in Firebug, quick edit of some CSS, and go to check the ever present "Layout" tab (I think I use this much to often, and have still not found a keyboard shortcut)... in Chrome you have to scroll down a few miles (past the browser default and inherited styles), to finally find the "Metrics" widget, to then have to scroll all the way back up to the thing you were editing.