[_] Passive aggressive computers

Peter texmarshall at hotmail.com
Thu May 9 08:39:21 BST 2013

> Sainsbury's ones I've always liked as you can just chuck coins in to them
at any point and they go "Oh, you are putting coins in me, that must mean
you have finished scanning and want to pay by cash".

I get a huge feeling of self satisfaction in using the self serve tills to
get rid of small change - way in excess of the time and effort to do it, and
much to the annoyance of the lunchtime crowd waiting for some git to buy a
couple of pints of milk in 1p pieces, but still, it's like something for
nothing, and not getting charged 8% or whatever the change machines will
charge you these days...  ha ha!