[_] Linux command line question

Tue Jul 23 17:02:04 BST 2013

Shane and Oliver, thanks a lot, I'll try those out.

Ryan, it may well be! However the server only accepts connections from localhost (i.e. the command), not the wider internet. The incoming emails will be from a specific email address and will have already been through a spam filter. The service is only accepting and processing emails, it doesn't send any out. If someone really wants to spam it I suppose they could but it would just be like spamming a person.

I admit there may be more things to think about though, like maybe checking the command can't be compromised in some way.