[_] Cycle stealing season?

Karl McClelland karl at fanstarters.com
Mon Jul 15 13:41:11 BST 2013

Sorry to hear about the thieves... grrrr

Would a simple few dabs of loctite help rather than go to all the hassle of
trying to find new security bolts?

I did find a few bike hacks you may like to try as well here:

http://www.bikehacks.com/bikehacks/2010/03/eight-solutions-to-fight-bicycle-part-theft.html

Still bloody annoying though.

On 15 July 2013 10:00, Matt Hamilton <matth at netsight.co.uk> wrote:

> On 15 Jul 2013, at 08:57, Steve James wrote:
>
> > On 14 July 2013 15:02, Paddy <paddy at watershed.co.uk> wrote:
> >> Thanks for comments. I was surprised to find my contents insurance will
> >> cover two thirds of the replacement cost; my first payback from 18
> years of
> >> paying for contents insurance!

> do on
> >> Can't thieves just snip the thread wire? Isn't thread wire just to stop
> >> bolts coming loose?
> > They could/would, but might stop em or deter them if not prepared.
>

> Indeed… remember it doesn't have to be completely un-stealable. Just more
> hassle to steal than the other bikes in the vicinity of similar niceness ;)
>
> -Matt
>
> --
> Matt Hamilton, Technical Director
> Netsight Internet Solutions Limited
> http://www.netsight.co.uk/matth
> Tel: 0117 90 90 90 1 Ext. 13
>
> Registered in England No. 3892180
> Registered office: 40 Berkeley Square, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 1HU

Karl McClelland

FanStarters  |  now that is quite cool !!!

+44 (0)7535 924 478

karl at fanstarters.com
www.fanstarters.com
www.facebook.com/fanstarters
http://twitter.com/fanstarters

Facebook  |  Custom Microsites  |  Search Engine Optimisation  |  Wordpress