[_] Should kids learn C++ or PHP

Ryan T Nerd bristol.developer.ryan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 10:41:54 BST 2013

Probably. I've worked with kids from 20+ nationalities, ages ranging from
4-16 in a variety of environments, observing the impact of linguistics,
culture, parenting, and a whole host of other factors on their ability (and
of course noting that a child's abilities are a very variable thing, often
changing from day to day based on how much sleep they had, what they had
for breakfast and who they're fighting with that week) and it really is a
fascinating business. Bloody hard work of course, but fascinating
nonetheless. Children aren't mini-adults, one must tailor what you do to
each individual's capabilities or you'll lose them in an instant.