[_] Should kids learn C++ or PHP

Ryan T Nerd bristol.developer.ryan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 13:48:01 BST 2013

There are two fundamental flaws here:-
1. Have you seen the calibre of staff teaching IT in schools? Trust me when
i say they will not be teaching code.
2. The government lack the capability to define a quality IT curriculum
(again, anyone with time on their hands is welcome to take a look at the
hilarious present IT curriculum which is little more than How To Use MS
Office In An Inefficient Way)

Better to have enthusiastic professionals work with kids who are interested
outside of the school system, so they have some chance of doing something
useful.