[_] Cloud Services

Keith Jackson keith at ministryotech.co.uk
Tue Feb 12 12:41:06 GMT 2013

I'm investigating cloud options to relocate mine and my clients sites into more disaster recovery friendly scenarios than offered by the current server provider I use.

I've spent 2 days playing with Azure, using my free allowance on MSDN and, after seeing it being rapidly eaten up, and being able to do some projected costings, decided that a simple promo website for £160 plus a month was a bit much. I always have both a live and a test environment for each site I do and I wouldn't want to forego that.

How does Amazon compare?

What should I be looking at to start with?

Keith Jackson
CTO - The Ministry of Technology

keith at ministryotech.co.uk
http://www.ministryotech.co.uk

The Ministry of Technology is a trading name of Minotech Ltd.