[_] Post code data and properties

Dan Hilton daniel.hilton at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 10:09:03 GMT 2013

On Tuesday, 12 February 2013 at 10:03, Martin Wheatley wrote:

> On 12/02/2013 09:54, S Sparkie wrote:
> > Thanks Martin - has anyone on the list integrated with a data source
> > that allows property status (owned/rented etc) look ups?
> >
> > Cheers
>

> Does that information exist ?
>
> I would have thought it's all estimated except where the councils have
> brought in the compulsory registration for landlords.
>
> Martin

It does and is free if the property was sold in the last 12 months or so:
http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/public/information/public-data/price-paid-data/price-paid-data-files

Further back, you have to pay on commercial terms - not sure what's going on with that but I guess it's just the land registry not getting open data.
HTH
Cheers,
Dan