[_] Amazon Glacier for Off-Site Backup

Huw Jeffries huw at huwjeffries.co.uk
Tue Feb 12 09:14:03 GMT 2013

I've was looking at Amazon Glacier. It is the cheapest option, but for
me 3-4 hours is too long to wait in event of a disaster. (Amazon also
charge you quite a lot for retrieving your data).  I've been looking
at Just Cloud. They offer 250GB for about £22 per year - only a few
pounds more than Amazon Glacier. You have to sign up to their free
trial and then they'll email you with 20% off, then 30% off and then
70% off the marked price. (Or you can just email their help desk and
they'll give you 70% straight away). They also have an unlimited
storage option for a few pounds more. I'm only just getting with them,
so can't comment on the service, etc. There's a 5GB limit per file.

Cheers,

Huw