[_] Amazon Glacier for Off-Site Backup

James Bewley jamesbewley at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 17:34:54 GMT 2013

I agree that it wouldn't be a good idea to use Glacier for disaster
recovery of business critical data.  I'm talking about hundred's of GBs of
stuff that people hoard on the network file-system   The kind of stuff
people wouldn't miss for half a day whilst it was defrosted from amazon's
Glacier.  Jungle Disk looks like a convenient tool but at 15 x the price of
Glacier it doesn't really make sense for squirreling away archived data.

Martin, HashBackup sounds perfect; incremental, encrypted backup with file
retention policies.  Thanks, I'll take a look.

James