[_] Amazon Glacier for Off-Site Backup

Jon Free jon.free at wastesource.co.uk
Mon Feb 11 16:47:26 GMT 2013

Jungle Disk do a 'server' version which is pretty sweet and can use either
aws or the rackspace version.

You install it on the server and the rest is managed via an installed app
on your own machine rather than having to manage it from the server.

On 11 February 2013 16:41, James Bewley <jamesbewley at gmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone had experience with Amazon Glacier?
>
> It seems like a good fit for off-site backup/disaster recovery and at 1
> cent per GB/Month it's not exactly hard on the wallet.  I'm thinking of
> using this for storing nightly/weekly backups of
> less operationally critical data (code repositories, documents, accounts
> etc).
>
> My searches for Glacier clients have turned up a couple of libraries that
> wrap the AWS API but nothing that works as a backup agent `out-of-the-box`.
>  An rsync style tool for incremental backups on Linux would be ideal.
>

> James

Jon Free

WasteSource

07931 925257 | 0117 205 0259

wastesource.co.uk <http://www.wastesource.co.uk/?footer> |
@wastesource<https://twitter.com/#!/WasteSource>

Loft 3, Tobacco Factory, Bristol, BS3 1TF

Information in this email is confidential and intended for the sole use of
the addressee/s. Access, copying, disclosure or re-use, in any way, of the
contents of this email by anyone other than the addressee/s is
unauthorised. I accept no legal responsibility for the content of the
message. If you have received this email in error, please return it to the
sender.