[_] Drupal work wanted

Robin Layfield robin at ultrasimplified.com
Mon Feb 11 14:11:44 GMT 2013

I think James has a pretty valid point: Drupal has its flaws and it can be hard to maintain / easily over-complicated but the fact is that when coders don't understand what's going on, they dive in and hack first (because it feels "quicker"). And then hate the experience.

Drupal works for a lot of people and has some committed and high-profile development (eg. http://buytaert.net/white-house-contributes-to-drupal ) behind it. So does CodeIgniter, so does WordPress. They all have their quirks and they can be used equally well to build some horrendous, god-awful sites. All three make developing a sophisticated web experience a damn sight easier than straight PHP (which lest we forget has it's own problems with poor property attribution and multiple ways to manipulate data).

I guess what I'm trying to say is pick the platform that fits your skills, experience and needs and don't waste time dissing on someone else's platform of choice.

Robin

--

Robin Layfield
UltraSimplified