[_] How to predict audience growth

Martin Joiner martin at martinjoiner.co.uk
Mon Feb 11 13:34:15 GMT 2013

My site openmicfinder.co.uk was receiving 100 unique visitors a day this
time last year. Today it's receiving 200. That can be described as an
increase of 100 people or 100%. My question is: Assuming I continue doing
the same amount of development/promotion, *should I expect to be receiving
300 hits per day this time next year (ie. another 100 people) or 400 unique
visits (ie. another 100% rise)?*

I hope this question has demonstrated that I simply do not understand how a
typical audience builds and what that looks like statistically. I also
don't know what industry factors to research to gauge size of market. Can
anyone point me to any resources/tutorials/articles that might help me
understand?

Kind regards, Martin