[_] Facebook logins not working

Tim Wintle timwintle at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 13:19:49 GMT 2013

On Mon, 2013-02-11 at 13:07 +0000, Liam Summers wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Does anyone know of any changes to Facebook and why all off a sudden none of my Facebook logins are working?

It might be completely separate, but it's not related to the recent
facebook outages is it?

http://www.infopackets.com/news/internet/2013/20130211_facebook_bug_blocks_access_to_cnn_espn_mashable.htm

Basically anything relying on Facebook (e.g. logins, like buttons, etc)
will have stopped working for a while on Thursday, as it did in
December, and has several times in the past.

Only ways around it are to either not use Facebook, or load things
asynchronously and make sure they work if facebook domains can't be
resolved..

Tim