[_] Charity websites

David Moreton davem at circle-interactive.co.uk
Mon Feb 11 09:39:50 GMT 2013

Hi Dave

If going Wordpress, seriously consider sticking CiviCRM on there http://civicrm.org/ (although civi integrates with Drupal and Joomla! as well).  You will then find integrations for SagePay, PayPal, Smart Debit  or pretty much anything else you'd be considering from nice contribution pages that allow you to create widgets for embedding in other sites. The contribution stuff just improved a whole lot http://civicrm.org/blogs/micah/contribution-pages-get-paint-job-civicrm-43. I saw Micah do a demo of this on EFF's site last year and it works really nicely - it's now in core. Hi blog also has some useful general principles on donation pages.

With Civi, you can also do memberships, events monitor campaigns and have a useful mass-mailer built in. We run meetups in Bristol every couple of months and there are quite a few users/implementers around if you need some more input.

Hope that's useful

Dave

On 10 Feb 2013, at 18:32, Dave Sayer wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> I've recently volunteered my services to help a new community charity
> project get up and running with a spangly website and just wondering
> what people recommend in terms of handling fundraising / taking
> donations online. I've come across 'The Giving Lab' which looks
> interesting - particularly as i think we will go the WordPress route
> and TGL sounds like it integrates nicely with WP - but I don't seem to
> be able to find any pricing info on the site. There's also
> 'JustGiving' which is £15 per month plus a small fee taken from the
> Gift Aid donations, I believe.
>
> What's the [_] experience of such matters?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dave

> Dave Sayer | Bath Design
> Web design & development with standards
> ---------------------------------------
> mobile: +44 (0)7702787436
> email: dave at bathdesign.co.uk
> web: http://bathdesign.co.uk
> photography: http://davesayer.com
> twitter: http://twitter.com/sweet_grass

> believed to be clean.

Circle Interactive Ltd

Telephone: 0117 909 6967
www.circle-interactive.co.uk
twitter.com/#!/circle_int

Circle Interactive Ltd  is a company registered in England
Registered Address: 1 Osborne Rd, Bristol, BS3 1PR
Company Number: 05540067  VAT Number: 862693490

believed to be clean.