[_] iCal - open source compability

Oliver Humpage oliver at watershed.co.uk
Wed Feb 6 16:05:28 GMT 2013

On 6 Feb 2013, at 15:46, Andrew Holway wrote:

> What are my options for opensource calender servers? I'm using google Calender for some stuff at the moment but it has some weird bugs when sharing calendars like the alarms not working etc. (although this is perhaps a problem with iCal).

Apple release their caldav software as open source, but I've never tried installing it - we just use the implementation that comes with OS X server. If you have a Mac kicking around then 10.8 server is only £25 or something, so easy to experiment with.

If you're brave enough, though: http://trac.calendarserver.org/

Oliver.