[_] AWS users

Jon Free jon.free at wastesource.co.uk
Tue Feb 5 16:37:33 GMT 2013

What because Amazon went down a couple of times and then so did they?

As with anything it's a balance. But if using it meant they could scale a
tiny company into a billion dollar sale without having to buy millions of
dollars worth of hardware then surely it was worth it?

On 5 February 2013 16:30, MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:

> Jon Free:
> > And they clearly aren't shit are they. Thousands of start-up tech
> companies
> > have been dependant on them. Including Instagram.
>
> Not sure Instagram is the best counter-argument ;^)
>
> And remember: if given sufficient thrust, pigs will fly.
>
> How many tech companies have gone under because of ill-considered
> dependencies?  Not that you'll read that in your headlines.
>
> Regards,
> --
> MJ Ray (slef), member of www.software.coop, a for-more-than-profit co-op.
> http://koha-community.org supporter, web and library systems developer.
> In My Opinion Only: see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html
> Available for hire (including development) at http://www.software.coop/

Jon Free

WasteSource

07931 925257 | 0117 205 0259

wastesource.co.uk <http://www.wastesource.co.uk/?footer> |
@wastesource<https://twitter.com/#!/WasteSource>

Loft 3, Tobacco Factory, Bristol, BS3 1TF

Information in this email is confidential and intended for the sole use of
the addressee/s. Access, copying, disclosure or re-use, in any way, of the
contents of this email by anyone other than the addressee/s is
unauthorised. I accept no legal responsibility for the content of the
message. If you have received this email in error, please return it to the
sender.