[_] AWS users

Rob Stapenhurst rob at meanline.co.uk
Tue Feb 5 15:44:15 GMT 2013

Without more details it's hard to know if I can share anything useful, but:

I've used EC2 spot instances for batch processing research simulations with
Python's boto library. It was a very simple set up: fetch jobs from an
SQSqueue, download requisite data from S3, post progress to another
queue and
upload results back to S3. Never had any problems, would certainly go down
the same route in the future. Every time I've used it the spot prices have
been stable and pleasingly low. The AWS management console is occasionally
a bit clunky but seems to get the job done.

Other than that I've only really used S3 to serve bits and pieces of static
media. Never had any problems here either, but I wouldn't describe these
applications as taxing.