[_] SEO: Clients Still Clicking Ads

Damian Webber damian.webber at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 15:03:41 GMT 2013

Good point + well made

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Wintle <timwintle at gmail.com>
Sender: underscore-bounces at under-score.org.uk
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 15:01:16
To: <underscore at under-score.org.uk>
Subject: Re: [_] SEO: Clients Still Clicking Ads

On Tue, 2013-02-05 at 14:31 +0000, Shane McEwan wrote:
> On 05/02/13 12:57, Karl McClelland wrote:
> > Hmmmm would have thought everyone knew this but she assures me they haven't
> > got a clue.
>
> Surely anyone with a clue would have installed an ad blocker by now.

(Disclaimer: I work at an ad network)

Remember that the majority of websites you use are funded by
advertising. Probably a very significant amount of the income people on
this list make every year comes via online advertising at some point
paying the bills.

I'm happy that people have the choice of using ad blockers
(or /etc/hosts), as I think it helps give a strong signal back to the
industry as a whole when advertisers overstep the mark and shove
advertising in peoples' faces too much.

I'm also very happy that we have a web where people can make cool things
and keep them running through advertiser funding though.

Tim