[_] SEO: Clients Still Clicking Ads

Rob Stapenhurst rob at meanline.co.uk
Tue Feb 5 14:13:59 GMT 2013

> For the last year or so I've barely been able to see the difference -
> the ad background shade seems to have got lighter and lighter.
>
>> Agreed. Irritating.

If it's causing you major stress, it's a single-line fix in Greasemonkey.

> Me too, they piss me right off. If I'm searching for Audi and the first
ad word result is BMW then to me it kind of cheapens their brand, it looks
kind of desperate IMHO.

Given the £££ spent on advertising, you'd have thought that these companies
would be aware of the dangers of over-advertising.
Lumosity.com'sirritating and incessant ads provoked me to make an ASA
complaint about
their outlandish claims. If they'd been more moderate in their advertising
approach I might not have gotten round to it.