[_] SEO: Clients Still Clicking Ads

Tim Wintle timwintle at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 13:40:39 GMT 2013

On Tue, 2013-02-05 at 12:57 +0000, Karl McClelland wrote:
> Quick question, but do people still not realise the top listings on Google
> are adwords ?

For the last year or so I've barely been able to see the difference -
the ad background shade seems to have got lighter and lighter.

For certain purchases I do actually tend to get affected by search ads:

If I'm making a high value purchase and I see the same website near the
top of the organic results and in adwords then I trust them more -
they've got enough of a business plan to make a profit from adwords, and
they've got a popular enough service to get near the top of organic
results.

Tim