[_] Performance testing, please help!

Stephen Doyle stephen.doyle at mobile-life.com
Mon Feb 4 18:45:47 GMT 2013

Have you tried loading the site from various locations using apache
benchmark - that could help determine if it's a localised client / ISP
problem or a server issue? VPS hosts can have the performance drop off
alarmingly when under moderate concurrent load and apache benchmark can
help discover the relationship between concurrent requests, response time
and connection problems. I assume you're hosting with a VPS provider and
your host might be swapped out at times.

I would try increments of 5 concurrent requests running 10 cycles per test
and see what happens between 5 and 30 concurrent requests.

Steve