[_] Performance testing, please help!

Tim Wintle timwintle at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 17:38:25 GMT 2013

On Mon, 2013-02-04 at 17:23 +0000, Paul Harwood wrote:
> and this one with a hard refresh (200's instead of 304's)
>
> http://d.pr/i/K3c0
>
> Not much difference.
>
> I would guess your problem is the fonts,

+lots - if it's an "unacceptable delay" then the client is probably on
IE or firefox on Windows, and their initial DNS lookup for the font
domain is failing (Windows has a ridiculously large delay before trying
the secondary nameserver - chrome tries to avoid that by running it's
own custom dns stack)

I can't imagine you need to hyper-optimise this so I'd just look at
that.

Tim