[_] PDF Creation in C#

Karl Alesbury karlitros at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 10:28:06 GMT 2013

TallComponents.com's evaluation version of PDFRasterizer proved to me that
it can be done in under 50 lines of code. It's quite expensive - Around
£500.
Buying Acrobat Pro to do it is cost-ineffective, especially as it uses the
clipboard for loading of the PDF into memory.

ITextSharp has a large API for manipulating PDFs, though I've read a few
places that say that it can't create a thumbnail from a PDF, and I haven't
managed to do it either. If someone can correct me with an example, then
that'd be very much appreciated!

GFL SDK is a free solution that (after already having written this post!)
I've gotten to work in C#.NET! Hallelujah! The code I used is here:
http://homeofcox-cs.blogspot.com/2008/10/c-convert-pdf-to-image-format.htmland
you'll need to reference the gflAx.dll by using regsvr32.exe. It'll
then appear when you add a reference to the DLL under the COM tab.

So in conclusion, if you want it done for free, it can be done in c#.NET
using GflaX.

Have you used any / all of these?

Cheers,

Karl.

On 4 February 2013 10:23, Jon Free <jon.free at wastesource.co.uk> wrote:
That reminds me. Ideally it would be free!

On 4 February 2013 10:16, Keith Jackson <keith at ministryotech.co.uk> wrote:

> I've used the Aspose suite before - That wasn't too bad, but licensing it
> was always a pain. It's been a while though, so things may have changed.
>
> Keith Jackson
> CTO - The Ministry of Technology
>

> keith at ministryotech.co.uk
> http://www.ministryotech.co.uk
>
> The Ministry of Technology is a trading name of Minotech Ltd.

Jon Free

WasteSource

07931 925257 | 0117 205 0259

wastesource.co.uk <http://www.wastesource.co.uk/?footer> |
@wastesource<https://twitter.com/#!/WasteSource>

Loft 3, Tobacco Factory, Bristol, BS3 1TF

Information in this email is confidential and intended for the sole use of
the addressee/s. Access, copying, disclosure or re-use, in any way, of the
contents of this email by anyone other than the addressee/s is
unauthorised. I accept no legal responsibility for the content of the
message. If you have received this email in error, please return it to the
sender.