[_] Advisor for home budgeting?

Tim Wintle timwintle at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 23:50:45 GMT 2013

On Fri, 2013-02-01 at 16:08 +0000, Martin Wheatley wrote:
> Also gradually, but don't tell the family, reduce the hours the water
> and gas is on until someone notices,

+lots to this gradual approach (don't let anyone know!)

Also if you can control the temperature the water is heated to (as well
as the temperature the heating comes on to), then turn the water
temperature down a bit - it's more efficient to have the heating on
slightly more to a lower temperature.

There's a joke around the office that I'm always in free conference
tshirts - honestly I've actually bought my own tshirts once in the last
5 years! I'm also fairly handy with a sewing machine - spend half an
hour patching your jeans well and they'll end up lasting at least the
same length of time all over again and you can wear them around the
house if you're not comfortable wearing badly patched jeans to client
meetings :-)

Tim