[_] Advisor for home budgeting?

Martin Wheatley martin at spodnet.net
Fri Feb 1 15:19:57 GMT 2013

£115 sounds like a lot to me for food shopping.

Plan a menu in advance, and make a list before you go, and stick to it,
think if you really need items such as fizzy pop, crisps, alcohol etc,
use them as treats rather than weekly occurrence.

Buy bulk (costco if possible) for house hold items that you can put away
and just use, buy bulk food and cook bulk then freeze. Buy things from
the discount just about to go out of date section if freeze-able and
save for meals the next week.

Eat smaller portions. Drink water.

We find we can do one maybe two large shops a month (£60-70), then small
shops to get fresh fruit/veg in between.

Don't shop in expensive supermarkets.