[_] YouTube APIs developer event in London - preferences?

Tim Wintle timwintle at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 10:03:39 GMT 2013

Appealing to the random[0] sampling of _ , and wearing my
(non-google-employee) YouTube hat:

YouTube are planning on holding a developer event at Campus London
around April, following the hugely successful LA hackathon last weekend.
http://ythackla.appspot.com/

I've been asked how this format would go down here in Blighty..

In LA there was a short codelab before it began to go through the
various youtube APIs and how to get started with them - so if people are
particularly interested in HTML5, native Android or Google TV etc then
let me know and they can tailor their codelab to suit.

So, questions:

 (1) Does the weekend Hackathon format appeal to you? Would a codelab
style event appeal more?

 (2) Are you currently using YouTube APIs, if so which ones? [1]

 (3) Are you likely to go? (or would you if you were free)

Thanks!

Tim

[0] _ may not be statistically uniform, but it's definitely "random".
[1] http://code.google.com/apis/youtube/overview.html