[_] No Agencies!!!

Karl McClelland karl at fanstarters.com
Thu Aug 29 15:57:37 BST 2013

Interesting choice of available answers so I was sort of stuck between two.
Maybe there should be more choices to get a better overall picture.

Having been on both sides of the recruitment process it's not that
employers don't believe recruiters can deliver OR don't deliver value for
money... it's more complex than that. I've found that many candidates being
put forward just didn't have the skillset required which meant that the
recruiter either didn't listen to the brief correctly OR that the brief
wasn't explained properly.

Also because many rec agencies squeeze their employees to deliver
placements, the time spent understanding the client's needs just isn't
there. I suppose from an ex recruiters perspective I always struggled to
get decent feedback from clients which would have helped the process.

On 28 August 2013 17:35, Stewart <stewart at novate-it.co.uk> wrote:

> Afternoon All
>
> It seems 19 out of 20 vacancies posted on [_] carry the 'No Agencies'
> footnote, and the remaining one has simply forgotten to put it. It's made
> me wonder if you are all fabulously successful at finding employees /
> contractors via direct channels or if there might be another reason. Don't
> worry, I'm not feeling (too) shunned, us Recruitment Consultants are pretty
> thick skinned sorts, it's simply just a bit of a head-scratcher for me!
>
> With this in mind I've created a little poll to see what the story is
> behind the statement, I'd be very grateful if you'd take a moment to answer
> the one question detailed here http://poll.pollcode.com/ey3id (obviously
> this is aimed at employers and those touching the recruitment process). The
> results will also be there for all to see but equally I'm happy to report
> back the results at a later date. The site doesn't record who you are so
> please don't view this as a cynical exercise in gaining insider info about
> your firm's hiring practices!
>
> All the best
>
> Stewart

Karl McClelland

FanStarters  |  now that is quite cool !!!

+44 (0)7535 924 478

karl at fanstarters.com
www.fanstarters.com
www.facebook.com/fanstarters
http://twitter.com/fanstarters

Facebook  |  Custom Microsites  |  Search Engine Optimisation  |  Wordpress