[_] Debian server not creating a mail.log file after upgrade...

Steve Kirtley steve.kirtley at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 14:51:14 BST 2013

Hi folks,

Bit of an odd one...

I upgraded a VPS from Debian Wheezy to Squeeze last week - all works fine,
except I've discovered today it's not creating/populating a mail.log file
in /var/log (or anywhere else on the server).

I've been through the  /etc/syslog.conf file and checked it's specifiying
that as the path for the mail log but nothing appears...

The server is sending mail via postfix so would be useful to have a log
kept in case of queries...

Anyone have any ideas what else to check?
Permissions seem right, the config seems correct...

Thanks,
Steve